Programming and Online Support
The Office of Faculty Affairs and other units at Georgia State University offer a wide range of in-person and online support for new faculty. Many of these are highlighted in the Onboarding Checklist. We strongly encourage you, as a new faculty member, to take advantage of university-level programming in these areas to supplement programming and online resources available through your department and college. Look out for emails about:
Welcome to Georgia State University!
In order to assist your transition to the campus, we have developed the following resources and orientations based on whether you are a new full-time or new part-time faculty member.
Please direct any questions regarding the above to AssocProvfa@gsu.edu.
NEW FULL-TIME FACULTY
- New Full-Time Faculty Onboarding Checklist will answer your immediate questions on topics including submitting your new hire package, signing up for benefits, registering for parking, and much more. The guide also outlines steps you can take over the summer through your first semester to get off to a fast start.
- In-person Orientation for ALL full-time faculty (Atlanta & Perimeter Campuses)
- The teaching orientation is organized by the Center for Excellence in Teaching, Learning, and Online Education on Monday, August 16, 2021, and Tuesday, August 17, 2021 (select one day to attend). This is highly recommended for all new, full-time faculty that have instructional responsibilities.
- New Faculty Orientation is organized by the Office of the Faculty Affairs, will be held on Thursday, August 19, 2021. Attendance is required for ALL new, full-time faculty (Atlanta and Perimeter Campuses).
- All sessions are in-person.
NEW PART-TIME FACULTY
- Part-Time Instructor Development Day: August 14th 9am-3pm at GSU’s Clarkston Campus. The day will be in-person with virtual options available. Click here to register.
- Information for New Part-Time Instructors provides a four-step guide to moving from getting on board to achieving instructional excellence.