How to sign into Interfolio RPT:
- Click Log In to Interfolio
- Select ‘Sign in with a Partner Institution’
- Enter ‘Georgia State University’ in the institution search box
- Enter your GSU single sign-on credentials if prompted
Interfolio Review, Promotion & Tenure (aka RPT) is a secure, online collaboration platform that provides customizable tools to manage all of the documents, workflows, data, committees, communication, and outcomes associated with review-based academic decisions.
What Is Interfolio Dossier?
A key component of Georgia State University’s partnership with Interfolio is the individual Dossier account that each Georgia State faculty member receives. This is a private account to help you collect and manage materials for your professional reviews. You will be the only one to see what’s in your Dossier, and you can keep it for life (without charge and regardless of whether you remain at Georgia State University).
From within your Dossier account you can:
- Store documents, images, videos, and links to online work in your account
- Organize your materials into “collections” for different purposes—for example, fellowship applications, tenure reviews, or grants
- View institutional guidelines for specific types of academic review processes
- Reuse previously submitted/assembled materials when participating in formal reviews through Interfolio
- Solicit and receive feedback from others on your campus in advance of reviews
- Request and store reusable letters of recommendation, submitted directly by the letter writer to Interfolio and kept confidential (This feature is not associated with Georgia State’s RPT and will not be associated with external letter requests for a faculty member’s RPT case)
Viewing an active case or review in Interfolio RPT
If you are scheduled for a RPT review or are added to a review committee this year, your Dean or Chair’s office will initiate your case or add you to the committee assignment.
As a RPT Candidate: You will receive a “Case Available” email notification informing you that a case has been initiated on your behalf. When you select “View Case,” you may be asked, “Where do you want to go?” To see your current case in RPT, you must select “Georgia State University”. If you select Dossier, you will be directed to the area where you manage your documents.
As a RPT Committee Member: You will receive a “Please Review” notification informing you that a “case is coming to you for review.” When you select “Review,” you will be directed to the candidate’s case. You should select “Read Case” to review the candidates’ and other documents relevant to the review case.
As a RPT Committee Manager: If you are designated as a committee manager/chair, you will have the responsibility of completing any required forms and uploading required documents into Interfolio for your committee’s review of each candidate. Committee managers also move cases forward to the next step in the review process.
For questions related to Interfolio RPT or Dossier, Interfolio provides a robust library of help articles on its website, including:
- For Review, Promotion, and Tenure Candidates
- Quick Reference Guide to Dossier Institution
- Manage Your Dossier Materials
- Dossier Help Articles
- Help for Sharing and Receiving Feedback on Dossier Materials
You can also reach out to the Interfolio Scholar Services Team at email@example.com or 877.997.8807 (9 am – 6 pm EST, M-F).